Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Chocolate Mint Series




When I completed the first of this series, so far numbering three paintings, I was unsure what to call it, at first. A couple of things occurred to me, including "Brown & Green No. 1," but, as I looked at it, the name "Chocolate Mint" popped into my head and I liked it so I went with that, instead. It's totally non-objective; I didn't have any particular subject matter in mind when I did the painting, but the resulting image did suggest chocolate mint ice cream, I suppose, or maybe one of those chocolate mint patties you get in a restaurant after a good meal. I showed it to a friend, who instantly loved it, so I decided to do a few more. For me, the first is still the best, though. The lines, the forms and shapes and the movement, I think, are best in that original image. But, feel free to disagree.

Meanwhile, I've just done a short promo video on You Tube.

No comments: