Friday, November 14, 2008

Brown No. 3 & 4



Here are the latest in the Brown series, No. 3 & 4. By the way, I'm hoping this series will catch the eye of those art consultants and interior designers out there who keep saying they want earthtones. Hint, hint. If not, then I'd like to get back to something more colorful because all this black and brown is depressing me! Seriously, though, one of my objectives is to cater to the decor market by providing a range of color options, so I've been exploring different palettes in order to acheive this. Besides, it's more interesting, to me, to try the same concepts in different color combinations, anyway. Some will like one combination, while others will like another and I'm trying to appeal to as broad a market as possible - within the confines of my chosen Abstract Expressionist niche, that is. Sorry, I'm not going to paint pretty pictures of horses or flowers just because it sells. Or does it?

No comments: