Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Black & White No. 11

Sunday night, I painted Black & White No. 11, but, unfortunately, the face of the paper got shredded as I was removing the masking tape that held it to my "easel" (which is actually the wall of my studio). So, last night, I did a new version of No. 11, which I've posted here. The first one is in my wastebasket. That's the first painting I've lost since I began my daily paintings. Actually, I prefer this version to what I did Sunday, so it's no great loss.

Meanwhile, I'm going to begin yet another series this evening, titled White & Yellow Ochre. My long range plan is to do several series based on the same size, medium and support, as well as the same gestural knifework, but in different palettes. The idea is to fully explore the possibilities while creating a cohesive body of work reflecting my style and technique. In this fashion, I could go on for quite some time without exhausting the possibilities.

No comments: