Thursday, January 1, 2009

Catching Up...Again




























I'm finally catching up, here, after falling way behind in my posting. I've added several new paintings since the Red White & Blue series, and these are four new additions to the Brown series; the first two paintings in a new series titled Brown Green Yellow Ochre; the first three of another new series, titled Brown & Green; the first two in yet another new series, titled Brown & Red; two new additions to my Blue & Orange series; four additions to the Green & Magenta series; two new additions to the White on Blue series; the first four of another new series, titled Yellow, and the first four of yet another new series, titled Orange.

These new paintings, save for the latest two paintings in the Orange Series (Orange No. 3 and Orange No. 4), can be found under "2008" on the newly redesigned website. I have made a fresh start for 2009 and have archived my entire output for 2008 under the link "2008," oddly enough. There you will find all the content that was there before.

Meanwhile, the new 2009 version of the site features my painting, Green & Magenta No. 7 on the opening page. The site has been reorganized for 2009, to reflect the direction I'm headed in, lately; i.e., exclusively focused on creating small paintings on paper for reproduction. Gone is the page for paintings on canvas, at least for now, anyway. As I don't think it would make much sense to have an empty page for that, I'll wait until I've done some new paintings on canvas before I add that page back to the new site design. So, until then, it's just the small paintings on paper and the prints you can order of them.

There are only two new paintings, so far, for 2009, but, this being only the first day of the new year, you can expect rapid growth ahead, given my prodigious output between August and the end of 2008.

Now that I have arrived at a well defined style and process, you can expect it to continue and I have many ideas I have yet to try out; different color palettes, and so forth. Also, I am eager to produce some new paintings on canvas, which will be the first to be produced in this style. Those I did last year were precursors to what I am doing now and I am anxious to see how well the compositions I've done at 8.5"x11" on paper translate to canvases in the range of 24"x30" to 30"x40" and larger. The technique will be the same, though the quantities of paint and the size of my tools will increase to accommodate the increase in scale. The hold-up is due to economics, with the economy the way it is, but I will eventually get to it later on - unless the economy completely collapses, that is.


No comments: